Our annual search for a cover star for the 2018 Australasian Standardbred Stallion Guide is on again! Gaining in popularity each and every season, we love to give a platform for breeders to share photos of their gorgeous stock through Search for a Star - follow the guidelines below to enter.
A final six entries will be selected by our panel of graphic designers and made open to a public vote on Facebook to find the most popular image which will subsequently grace the front of our annual Stallion Guide.
The competition is open to both professional and amateur photographers alike but all photos must comply with the following conditions:
- Entries must be received to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on May 10, 2018
- Photos must be a MINIMUM of 4MB in size - photos smaller than this are not able to be enlarged for the cover of an A4 publication and maintain clarity
- All foals depicted must be from the most recent 2017 crop
- All foals MUST be Vicbred eligible - please check before submitting
- Photos must contain a foal, and may contain the dam and/or other horses, but not other animals or people
- Be mindful that the publication is portrait orientation - landscape photos may be difficult to appropriately crop (larger file sizes may help)
- HBV reserves the right to use any photograph submitted in future HBV promotions
- All entries must contain the photographers' name, email, phone and postal details, as well as the breeding of the foal (sire, dam, foaling date)